Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday off?

Today we were sinners and skipped church all together. We just woke up too late for Sunday School and by the time I was dressed in my nice clothes, Ryan had decided that he didn't want to go at all and was staying in his pajamas all day! Haha... so I took the opportunity to de-clutter areas of my life that have been nagging at me for some time now.

I organized all of my crafting supplies in our office - all of my knitting stuff, etc... and moved books around on shelves to make room for new ones we've gotten.

I also pulled all of my socks out of my sock drawer and organized and threw away old ones. Again - who wants to take time of out their life to organize socks? Sometimes you just need to do it!

Then I made a homemade pizza and salad for lunch. Yum!

I took down all of our Christmas tree stuff. Sad, but it was time.

Now I'm on to lesson planning and grading for the week. I'm getting my Communications students ready to give demonstration speeches, which should be fun. I want to see what they can teach me. ;o ) I suppose I should start some sort of count down as well... there are now 8 weeks remaining until my students take the Kansas State Assessment Tests and the results prove whether I'm a good teacher or not. Har har har...

For some reason, I'm pretty excited this year to see the released list of Oscar nominees for various movies. If the AMC shows all five of the best picture nominees on one day - I think I'll go. We saw "The Reader" this weekend, which was okay. It was a really interesting story idea and they had plenty of character depth to work with, but the just sort of fell flat at the end. Still on the list to see are:
- Marley & Me (loved the book)
- Doubt
- Slumdog Millionaire

So, with all those little tid-bits wrapped up, ciao for now.

No comments: